Take a portion of Basic Bolognese and a portion of Cheese Sauce, layer with pasta and bake. To make Lasagne from scratch you will need to look at these two basic recipes, which take about 2 hours to make in total
Take a portion of Basic Bolognese and a portion of Cheese Sauce. Once these two basics are made you just layer them with sheets of lasagne - wholewheat, spinach, egg, or plain - for an Everyday version of the classic dish which is also full of vegetables.
Batch cook basic recipes
You can make batches of the two Everyday Essential recipes so that you always have the basis for a good meal for the family or for guests. Lasagne also freezes well so that you can make up a spare to have in reserve for days that you need a decent meal but don't want to cook.
More recipes using a Bolognese base
More recipes using Foolproof Cheese Sauce
- 200°C/ 180°C fan/ gas mark 6/ 400°F
To assemble the lasagne:
- Spoon half the bolognese sauce into the dish and even it out
- Cover the sauce with sheets of lasagne,If your dish has rounded corners, break off the corners of the lasagne sheets so that they fit better and don't overlap
- Cover the lasagne with half the cheese sauceIf the cheese sauce is cold and thick, spread it carefully with a palette knife
- Add the rest of the bolognese sauce. Cover the bolognese with more lasagne. Top with the rest of the cheese sauce
- Add a layer of grated cheese
- Cook for 40 minutesIf your ingredients were cold when you assembled the lasagne, add 15-20 minutes to the cooking time
- Leave the lasagne to stand for 10-15 minutes, if you have time, before serving.