Baked Lemon Salmon fillets make a very nice everyday supper for family or friends at any time of year. As they are quick and easy and the ingredients are easy to source, it’s also a great self-catering holiday recipe.
Baked Lemon Salmon
Salmon fillets are quick and easy to cook, so are ideal for holiday. If you want a dish with minimum preparation, try Quick Baked Salmon Fillets, which take only 5 minutes to prepare. Baked Lemon Salmon takes all of 10 minutes, so it won’t be too taxing, but sometimes I know that all I want to do is spend the least amount of time cooking that I can.
All the ingredients are easy to get hold of, and if there is no salmon, try sea bass or a local fish. Lemons, garlic, mustard, herbs should be no problem. I have used olive oil because I usually buy some wherever I am, and if you’re self-catering you’ll need some sort of fat for cooking. If all you have is butter, that’s fine too. Just melt it before adding to the other ingredients.
This recipe won’t take long to prepare and is lovely with rice and steamed green beans, or a potato salad and other salad vegetables.
- Citrus Press – I’ve had a number of juicers over the years and this one’s quite different. I wasn’t sure that it would get all the juice out but it seems to and doesn’t require much effort. If your grip isn’t good, this really helps.
- 5 bladed herb cutting scissors – Useful for cutting the dill or any other herbs you want to use. Most importantly, they don’t cut your fingers.
If you like this…
…Why don’t you try:
Baked Lemon Salmon
- 4 salmon fillets about 125g each
- 1 tablespoon 15ml olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 rounded teaspoon 10ml Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic
- Small handful fresh herbs e.g. dill, parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Set the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6/400°F
- Pat the salmon fillets dry and arrange in an ovenproof dish
Make the marinade:
- Put the olive oil in a small dish
- Squeeze half the lemon and add the juice to the oil
- Add the mustard
- Crush the garlic and add
- Finely chop the herbs and add
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Mix thoroughly
- Spoon the marinade over the salmon
- Optionally, cover the dish and leave in the fridge until ready to cook
- Decorate with slices of lemon
- Bake for 15 -20 minutes depending on the thickness of your fish. Do not cover the dish.