Frozen Watermelon Strawberry Smoothie is a refreshing fruit drink with no added sugar. Add soda for a non-alcoholic spritzer.
This page may have some affiliate links. For more information see the Disclosure Page.
I don’t often make fruit smoothies for myself as I think it’s an easy way to consume a lot of calories in a short time without realising, but I do like frozen watermelon smoothies. It’s better to eat the fruit, of course, but on a hot summer’s day, a fizzy fruit drink hits the spot.
If you’re looking for non-alcoholic drinks that feel as though you’ve had something special, I recommend this Frozen Watermelon Strawberry Smoothie, diluted with soda water or sparkling mineral water to make a Sparkling Watermelon Strawberry Smoothie.
You can buy frozen watermelon chunks, but I just cut up a watermelon (instructions below) and froze it for a few hours. Then I went mad and bought three more watermelons to freeze so that I can make smoothies whenever I want. I’m having an alcohol-free month, and this is so much better than plain soda water instead of a weekend glass of wine, or two.
What else do you need to make Frozen Watermelon Strawberry Smoothie?
- Smoothie Maker – I usually use my Nutri Ninja for vegetable smoothies – lots of leafy greens to get my veg intake up – but it’s brilliant for frozen watermelon smoothies too.
If you like this…
…Why don’t you try:
Frozen Watermelon Strawberry Smoothie
- 200 g frozen watermelon chunks
- 100 g fresh strawberries
- Soda water (optional)
To prepare and freeze the watermelon yourself:
- Cut the watermelon in half lengthways
- Using the dark green stripes as a guide, cut the watermelon into wedges
- The seeds will be on the outside. Use a teaspoon to scrape them away
- Cut the watermelon from the shell and chop into chunks
- Arrange on a tray and freeze overnight
- Store any watermelon that you don't use for the smoothie in a zip-lock bag in the freezer
For a Frozen Watermelon Strawberry Smoothie :
- Take the watermelon out of the freezer and leave for 5 minutes at room temperature
- Wash and hull the strawberries.
- Put the strawberries in the smoothie maker. Add the frozen watermelon chunks
- Blitz until smooth
- Pour into 1 or 2 glasses and serve immediately
For a Sparkling Watermelon Strawberry Smoothie :
- Add an equal quantity of soda water and either blend or stir.