5-minute Homemade Hummus
A quick and easy recipe for hummus. Serve with toasted pitta or raw vegetables.
Servings: 3 portions
- 400 g can cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons tahini (45ml )
- 1-3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (5ml)
- ½ teaspoon salt (2.5ml)
- 1 lemon, juiced (30ml)
- 50 ml olive oil
- 50 ml water
For the Hummus:
Put the chickpeas, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, cumin, and salt in a food processor or large bowl and blitz until combined to a thick paste
Add the water and process again
With the motor running, slowly add the olive oil and process until smooth
Adjust seasoning to taste
Spoon into a bowl and serve with toasted pitta or raw vegetable sticks.
Everyday Cooks Tips:
- Keep in a sealed conatiner in the fridge for 1-2 weeks
- Freeze for up to 3 months in a plastic box.