Lemon Velvet - Lemon Chocolate Dessert
Lemon Chocolate Dessert is an easy lemon mousse with layers of chocolate crunch.
Servings: 6 servings
- 125 ml boiling water
- 125 ml cold water
- 1 lemon jelly, to make a pint of jelly
- 4 lemons
- 300 ml double cream
- 400 g can condensed milk
- 100 g dark chocolate digestive biscuits
- Dark chocolate to decorate
6 glasses or small dishes
Put the kettle on to boil
Tear or snip the jelly into cubes
Zest the lemons. Cut the peel and pith from the lemons and remove the pips
Crush the biscuits until fairly fine with a rolling pin or in a food processor.
For the Lemon Mousse:
Put the jelly cubes in the processor. Add 125ml boiling water and blitz until the jelly has dissolved
Add 125ml cold water, the lemon flesh and zest and blitz until smooth – about 2 minutes
Put the mixture in the fridge (in the processor if it fits). Chill until just beginning to thicken: 1-1 1/2 hours
Remove from fridge and put back in the processor (if it isn’t already). Add the cream and condensed milk. Blitz until smooth – about 30 seconds
Half-fill 6 glasses with the mousse mixture. Sprinkle a tablespoon of biscuit crumbs into the mixture and cover with more mousse. Repeat
Using a potato peeler, add slivers of chocolate to decorate
Chill until set.
Everyday Cooks Tips:
- To speed up the chilling time, add less boiling water to the jelly initially and top up with cold water once the jelly has melted. Try 200ml boiling water and 50ml cold water.
- Make ahead - Make a day in advance without the final decoration