A quick and easy recipe for hummus. Serve with toasted pitta or raw vegetables.
You will need:
- Food processor or stick blender.
- 400g can cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) tahini
- 1–3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5ml) salt
- Juice of 1 lemon (30ml)
- 50ml olive oil
- 50ml water
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas
- Juice the lemon
- Crush the garlic clove(s) – optional. Your processor or stick blender should do the job
For the Hummus:
- Put the chickpeas, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, cumin, and salt in a food processor or large bowl and blitz until combined to a thick paste
- Add the water and process again
- With the motor running, slowly add the olive oil and process until smooth
- Adjust seasoning to taste
- Spoon into a bowl and serve with toasted pitta or raw vegetable sticks.
Everyday Cooks Tips:
- Keep in a sealed conatiner in the fridge for 1-2 weeks
- Freeze for up to 3 months in a plastic box.
- Category: Snack
- Method: No cook
- Cuisine: Eastern
Keywords: healthy snack, packed lunch