Chicken and Chorizo Casserole is a spicy and warming chicken supper dish based on a Basic Chicken Casserole recipe.
- Chop the pepper into 1cm pieces, discarding the seeds and pith
- If necessary, chop the chorizo into 2cm pieces
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan on a MEDIUM-HIGH heat
- Fry the pepper for 1-2 minutes
- Add the chorizo, turn the heat down to MEDIUM and cook for 8-10 minutes turning occasionally
- If the pepper starts to burn, turn the heat down a little
- Stir in the herbs and paprika, and cook for 15 seconds
- Add tomatoes, stir in and turn the heat up to MEDIUM-HIGH
- If your tomatoes are very watery, add a tablespoon (15ml) of tomato puree and mix it in well
- Add the chicken casserole and bring to the boil
- Put the lid on the pan, turn the heat down to LOW and simmer for 25-30 minutes
- Serve with rice or cauli-rice and a green vegetable.
Everyday Cooks Tips:
- To speed up cooking, buy frozen sliced onions or prepare your own ahead of time
- If you prefer, once you’ve added the chicken and brought it to the boil, you can cook the casserole in the oven for 40 minutes at 160°C fan.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Hob
- Cuisine: European
Keywords: Spicy supper dish